The Wissahickon Wanderers will be once more working in the trenches at the upcoming Philadelphia Marathon on November 22. The Wanderers will be running the water station at the 18/22 mile mark of the race, which has been our customary spot for many years. To properly staff the site, about 60 volunteers will be needed. NOTE: like last year, volunteers must sign up in advance.
TO SIGN UP: VIEW THE SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS
Please review the Marathon Waterstop FAQ Fact Sheet for more information. The hours are flexible. Come for a two-hour segment or for the duration.
We start setting up at 6:30 and don’t really finish up until about 1 pm. The real crunch time is between 9:30 and 11:30. To make it manageable for volunteers, we ask you to sign up for any two hour segment, and make sure to include your shirt size because all volunteers get a free shirt.
NOTE: the water table is in front of Duron Paints, in Manayunk, across from what used to be Tommy Gunn’s. View the map »
To Sign Up:
Volunteers must sign up here in advance.
Marathon Water Table Photos:
- Photos and report of the 2012 Philly Marathon »
- Photos and report of the 2011 Philly Marathon »
- Photos and report of the 2010 Philly Marathon »
- Photos and report of the 2009 Water Table »
- Photos and report of the 2008 Water Table »
- Photos and report of the 2006 Water Table »