Run in one or more of the FREE informal trail races (organized by the Wissahickon Wanderers) on THURSDAY EVENINGS IN SEPTEMBER: Sep 6, 13, 20, 27 starting at 6:30 from Valley Green Inn.
The distances range generally from three to five miles through the woods of the Wissahickon and along Forbidden Drive. The trail series races are FREE and open to absolutely everyone. The Course Layouts will be designed by the following Wanderers:
Thanks to Fred, Pat, Jim and the other volunteers for the timing, registration, and course layouts !
Please help us promote this event. The more runners that show up, the better for everyone. Please download this PDF and then use your personal email to forward it to running clubs and friends whom you think may be interested.
There is no charge and the races are open to Everybody!
Dates: THURSDAY EVENINGS in September: Sep 6, Sep 13, Sep 20, Sep 27 (14th annual event!) Run in as many of these as you want.
Time: All races will begin at 6:30 sharp so that we can take advantage of the limited daylight. So show up a little early and bring this waiver with you to save time.
Place: We meet at the Valley Green Inn on Forbidden Drive in the Wissahickon (directions). The Inn, by the way, welcomes runners no matter how sweaty for post-race refreshment!
What: three to five miles of Wissahickon trails and along Forbidden Drive
Who: races are open to runners of all abilities!
Last year there were lots of new runners, but the spirit remained the same.
Links to Past Trail Series:
- 2018 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2018 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2017 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2017 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2016 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2016 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2015 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2015 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2014 Fall Trail Series Results and Photos
- 2014 Spring Trail Series Results and Photos
- 2013 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2013 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2012 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2012 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2011 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2011 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2009 Reports, Photos, Results, Cup
- 2008 2/4 Report and Photos
- 2008 1/4 Report and photos
- Spring 2008 Photos (2 pages)
- Spring 2007 Report and Photos and More Photos
- Fall 2006 Results and Photos
- Spring 2006 Photos #1 and Photos #2
- Spring 2005 Report and Photos
Please help us spread the word. Download this PDF and e-mail it to your running friends. Thank you.
Timing by Fast Cat
Thanks to Pat Barret and Fred Kenney from Fast Cat Timing for keeping score!
Drinks/Refreshments at Valley Green
Valley Green Inn will happily serve us drinks and food afterwards.