Run in one or more of the FREE informal trail races (organized by the Wissahickon Wanderers) on Thursday evenings in May: May 7, 14, 21, 28 starting at 6:30 from Valley Green Inn.
The distances range generally from three to five miles through the woods of the Wissahickon and along Forbidden Drive. The trail series races are FREE and open to absolutely everyone. The 2015 Course Layouts will be managed by Wanderers Chris Moore, Bob Reynolds, Charles Bender, Kevin Peter, Joanna Sinclair, and Craig Polak. And Fast Cat Timing will assist in the race timing again.
Up next: LAST ONE @ MAY 28 !
Race-Reports, Photos and Results are posted as they become available.
|Please help us promote this event. The more runners that show up, the better for everyone. Please download this PDF and then use your personal email to forward it to running clubs and friends whom you think may be interested.
There is no charge and the races are open to Everybody!
Designing the courses this May will be the same crack crew who laid out the runs for past series races.
Dates: THURSDAY EVENINGS in May: May 7, May 14, May 21, May 28
Similar to previous Series, we may again include a ‘prediction run’. Runners predict their time, and whoever finishes closest to predicted time gets a prize.
Time: All races will begin at 6:30 sharp so that we can take advantage of the limited daylight. So show up a little early.
Place: We meet at the Valley Green Inn on Forbidden Drive in the Wissahickon (directions). The Inn, by the way, welcomes runners no matter how sweaty for post-race refreshment!
Updates: Check the Wanderers web site for any updated information as well as photographs of the races. In case of cancellations, we will post a note on our home page as well as our FaceBook group page.
Last year there were lots of new runners, but the spirit remained the same.
When: Thursdays in May (7,14,21,28) at 6:30 pm sharp!
SAVE TIME ON RACE DAY: fill out and bring this waiver to ease pre-race admin.
What: three to five miles of Wissahickon trails and along Forbidden Drive.
Who: races are open to runners of all abilities!
Where: Meet at Valley Green Inn (directions)
Links to Past Trail Series:
- 2015 Spring Trail Series Results, Photos
- 2014 Fall Trails Series Results, Photos
- 2014 Spring Trail Series Results
- 2013 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2013 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2012 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2012 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2011 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2011 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2009 Reports, Photos, Results, Cup
- 2008 2/4 Report and Photos
- 2008 1/4 Report and photos
- Spring 2008 Photos (2 pages)
- Spring 2007 Report and Photos and More Photos
- Fall 2006 Results and Photos
- Spring 2006 Photos #1 and Photos #2
- Spring 2005 Report and Photos
Please help us spread the word. Download this PDF and e-mail it to your running friends. Thank you.