The Wanderers were kept very busy at the 2012 Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday November 18, 2012.
Here were some of the highlights:
- Al McGonigal smoked the marathon course in 2:56:19 to finish 264 out of a field of 17,000.
- Sloan did double duty as an Achilles guide running with two sight impaired runners, and worked the water stop as well.
- Dennis Crowne returned to marathon glory by finishing the marathon in five hours and 43 minutes.
- Cee Heard and Melanie Wright completed the half marathon.
- The Wanderers were at their usual battle stations again at the 18/22 mile water stop. With the largest field ever for the Philadelphia Marathon, the Wanderers and other volunteers worked nonstop to support marathon runners.
- Photographer Clay Wells caught all the action (see photos below)!!