Run in these FREE races every Thursday night (5) in September
RESULTS (to be posted as we run these races):
9/1 – Results (PDF). The first race of the Fall Series had 32 finishers!
9/8 – Results (PDF). There were 37 participants and 35 finishers (two runners went off course)
9/15 – Results (PDF). There were 27 participants and 26 finishers (corrected)
9/22 – Results (PDF). There were 33 finishers for the fourth week of the Fall Series.
9/29 – Results will be posted here when available.
Run in one or more of the FREE informal trail races (organized by the Wissahickon Wanderers) on All FIVE THURSDAY EVENINGS IN SEPTEMBER: Sept. 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29 starting at 6:30 from Valley Green Inn.
The first four races will starts at Valley Green Inn (map) (6:30pm). The final race will start from NW Avenue in front of Cedars House (map) (also at 6:30pm). For the final race, a headlamp or flashlight is required.
The distances range generally from three to five miles through the woods of the Wissahickon and along Forbidden Drive. The trail series races are FREE and open to absolutely everyone.
Thanks to Fred, Pat, Jim and the other volunteers for the timing, registration, and course layouts !
There is no charge and the races are open to Everybody!
Dates: THURSDAY EVENINGS in September: Sep 1, Sep 8, Sep 15, Sep 22, Sep 29 – Run in as many of these as you want.
Time: All races will begin at 6:30 sharp so that we can take advantage of the limited daylight. So show up a little early and SIGN AND BRING THIS WAIVER with you to save time.
Safety: Please wear a mask before and after the race. Also, it’ll be dark for the last one. A headlamp and/or flashlight will be required.
Place: We meet at the Valley Green Inn on Forbidden Drive in the Wissahickon (directions) for the first four races. And at the Cedars house for the final (5th) race.
What: three to five miles of Wissahickon trails and along Forbidden Drive
Who: races are open to runners of all abilities!
Links to Past Trail Series:
- 2021 Fall Trail Series Results
- (there were no races in 2020 and earlier this spring due to the pandemic)
- 2019 Fall Trail Series Results
- 2019 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2019 Winter Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2018 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2018 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2017 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2017 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2016 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2016 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2015 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2015 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2014 Fall Trail Series Results and Photos
- 2014 Spring Trail Series Results and Photos
- 2013 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2013 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2012 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2012 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2011 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2011 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2009 Reports, Photos, Results, Cup
- 2008 2/4 Report and Photos
- 2008 1/4 Report and photos
- Spring 2008 Photos (2 pages)
- Spring 2007 Report and Photos and More Photos
- Fall 2006 Results and Photos
- Spring 2006 Photos #1 and Photos #2
- Spring 2005 Report and Photos
Timing by Fast Cat
Thanks to Pat Barret and Fred Kenney from Fast Cat Timing for keeping score!
Drinks/Refreshments at Valley Green
Valley Green Inn will happily serve us drinks and food afterwards.