hdr

official sponsors
crossfit philly
clif bar
2 mile surf shop

Home & Current News   Old News (pre 2008)
October 2001     

< previous

4 of 4

To Main Page

Letter to Editor

Dear Editor:
I would like to register a complaint about the way the wanderers’ hierarchy treats loyal runners.  Not only was I given the graveyard shift at the Cape Breton relay, and victimized by the waterstop’s inclusion of photographs of me taken by intermeddling papperazzi’s when I was looking exhausted at various wanderers’ events (without permission or authorization), but I was booted off the team for the Reach the Beach relay - without ceremony, due process of law, or any other consideration.
I have heard mumblings that my decision to call the support team “lunkheads” at Cape Breton may have been held against me. Maybe it’s the fact that I still can’t seem to crack that speed barrier.   But since when have the wanderers had anything other than slow, cranky runners? This kind of invidious discrimination won’t be allowed to stand!  Frankly, I think the whole organization has gone downhill since Simon Newman went back to Scotland.

Yours truly,
Wet Hen

Dues Policy Outlined
Numerous people have asked about the Wanderers policy on dues. The dues policy is as follows: We pay our dues every day out on the road.

© Copyright 2001-2008
wissahickon wanderers
running club

[top]

footer