Results & 209 Photos added 8/26 !
Warren Heyward, David Love, Ron Thomas Jr. and Nicholas Kurtzman highlighted an evening of racing at the Back on My Feet (BoMF) distance track meet hosted by the Wanderers on August 21. This quartet ran every race on the schedule and for their efforts earned the title of Lone Ranger.
The events were in the following order, 400 meters, one mile, 3,200 meters, 800 meters and the medley relay. That is a lot of running, and all these competitors are to receive Wanderer certificates of achievement.
Other highlights of the evening were:
- Team St. Johns won the medley relay in 13:09, eleven seconds faster than the Germantown High School team. 11 squads in call competed including Team X and two teams from the Dubrosky family.
- $1,400 was raised for the Back on My Feet organization.
- Scott Derkacz won the 3,200 meters in 11:21:86; Warren Hayward was the fastest runner in the mile in 5:26:49; Nicholas Kurtzman ran the fastest quarter mile in 1:04:06; and Craig Strimel captured the 800 meter title in 2:19:59.
- This was the first competitive race for the Germantown High School cross country team. They all ran in the 3,200 meters with Raheem Henry finishing a close second in the race.
- Nearly 40 pounds of Bin Ruiter’s pulled pork and beef brisket were devoured at the post-race banquet, along with 40 cheeseburgers plus hotdogs!
- Wanderer staff photographer Clay Wells took some fabulous action shots. Check them out!
The track races continue on August 28, with the Philadelphia region club meet beginning at 6:30. Click here for further information.
Full Race Results
Thank you Fred, Chris, Pat, Melanie, Leslie and all the other volunteers for helping out !
Event Photos by Clay Wells
Many thanks to Clay for taking these great photos !