RESULTS (to be posted as we run these races):
Run in one or more of the FREE informal trail races (organized by the Wissahickon Wanderers) on All FIVE THURSDAY EVENINGS IN SEPTEMBER: Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30 starting at 6:30 from Valley Green Inn.
Please note that for the September 30th race, we will do things a little differently: Start time will be 6:45 in front of the Cedars House (close to NW Ave view Map »)
The distances range generally from three to five miles through the woods of the Wissahickon and along Forbidden Drive. The trail series races are FREE and open to absolutely everyone.
Thanks to Fred, Pat, Jim and the other volunteers for the timing, registration, and course layouts !
In addition to veteran Wanderers, we will have “guest star” directors from Chasing Trail and Trail Sisters
Please help us promote this event. The more runners that show up, the better for everyone. Please download this PDF and then use your personal email to forward it to running clubs and friends whom you think may be interested.
There is no charge and the races are open to Everybody!
Dates: THURSDAY EVENINGS in September: Sep 2, Sep 9, Sep 16, Sep 23, Sep 30 (15th annual event!) Run in as many of these as you want.
Time: All races will begin at 6:30 sharp so that we can take advantage of the limited daylight. So show up a little early and bring this waiver with you to save time.
Safety: Please wear a mask before and after the race. Also, it’ll be dark for the last one. A headlamp and/or flashlight will be required.
Place: We meet at the Valley Green Inn on Forbidden Drive in the Wissahickon (directions). The Inn, by the way, welcomes runners for post-race refreshment!
What: three to five miles of Wissahickon trails and along Forbidden Drive
Who: races are open to runners of all abilities!
Links to Past Trail Series:
- (there were no races in 2020 and earlier this spring due to the pandemic)
- 2019 Fall Trail Series Results
- 2019 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2019 Winter Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2018 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2018 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2017 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2017 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2016 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2016 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2015 Fall Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2015 Spring Trail Series Results/Photos
- 2014 Fall Trail Series Results and Photos
- 2014 Spring Trail Series Results and Photos
- 2013 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2013 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2012 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2012 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2011 Fall Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2011 Spring Series Results, Reports, Photos
- 2009 Reports, Photos, Results, Cup
- 2008 2/4 Report and Photos
- 2008 1/4 Report and photos
- Spring 2008 Photos (2 pages)
- Spring 2007 Report and Photos and More Photos
- Fall 2006 Results and Photos
- Spring 2006 Photos #1 and Photos #2
- Spring 2005 Report and Photos
Please help us spread the word. Download this PDF and e-mail it to your running friends. Thank you.
Timing by Fast Cat
Thanks to Pat Barret and Fred Kenney from Fast Cat Timing for keeping score!
Drinks/Refreshments at Valley Green
Valley Green Inn will happily serve us drinks and food afterwards.